Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Form Prayer 1

NT Wright talked about prayer in Simply Christian. He wrote about form prayers being effective and the current trend in Christianity of folks thinking that a prayer has to be completely original in order to be acceptable to God. I tend to hold to the opposite belief. There are prayers written by other dudes that can send me deep into the meaning of God's nature and help me focus on certain aspects of my life.

This is a short form prayer I wrote in the last few days. I started thinking about all the things that went through my head when Dad was really sick. These thoughts were developed when I came to the realization that God might not have given my father Pancreatic Cancer so that he could beat it.


Great God of evening and morning
Keep this night from overtaking me
And if I must face this darkness
walk the unlit path before me.

1 comments:

Apryl said...

Thank you, my dear sweet nephew for this form prayer. It touches my heart.